The Knot Best of Weddings 2018
Top 3% of Wedding Photographers,
Client Voted Award 2018
Best Maui Photographers 2018
Couples' Choice Awards!
Best Events Photographer Award
Best Events Photographer
4 years in a row!
Maui Family PhotographyBuy Diazepam England
Maui Wedding Photography
Latest News from Maui
Order Phentermine Canada ratingOrder Phentrmine Diet pills Online Without a Prescription for weight loss. Compare our Prices and Buy cheap Phentermine 37.5 online - no Prescription required We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. Buy 1000s medications from best Canadian pharmacy online. Cheap prices, fast worldwide shipping and high quality medications. Buy Viagra Online! Cheap Viagra Pills Online. 25mg, 50mg, 100mg tablets available today. Lowest Prices. Available with free Delivery & overnight shipping! Licensed ... Where to buy Phen375 in Canada the prescription strength fat burner and appetite suppressant. Buy Phen375 in Canada and North America. Cheap medications available to buy from Mexican online Pharmacy located at Mexico. Affordable prices and best customer support. Lowest prices for ED and all other medications groups. The best and trusted online pharmacy with fast delivery to all Countries. Frequently Asked Questions: Buy Addtabz Online Where To Buy In Stores International Orders Is Addtabz Legal Payment Methods Shipping Cheapest Purchase Prices Gentech ... Cheap pharmacy located at Mexico. Mexican Online pharmacy available 24/7 days with friendly online support. Call and free chat available for consultation. Use the best certified Canadian Pharmacy's to buy Viagra online. Both generic and brand are available at the largest mail order pharmacy (Canada pharmacy).
4-5 stars based on 217 reviews
Among our Wailuku stops was an interesting visit with Jenny Molitau, owner of Native Intelligence. Go ahead and let the name intrigue you – it’s a fantastic place. Plan to spend enough time to really enjoy everything the shop has to offer.
Native Intelligence has been in business for 4 years but last May they moved into their new location. As you drive by you can see authentic pieces of art lining the walls and display cases. This isn’t a museum but the cultural history that’s for sale here can enhance any home décor – on island or the mainland. Roughly 95% of the store’s collection is made by artists here in Hawaii. The other 5% is made up of jewelry from Tahiti and some examples of weaving from Fiji to display the differences in techniques between the islands.
Jenny was kind enough to give us a historical tour around her store. Her knowledge is incredible and the passion she shares with her husband, Kapono’ai Molitau, is obvious as she explains how their shop opened and the cultural activities their family is involved in. Kapono’ai is a Cultural Specialist and teaches hula at Na Hanona Kulike ‘O Pi’ilani (rough translation – the determined one that stands magestically in the Pi’ilani Mountains).
What makes this store stand out from the other Hawaiian art collection boutiques is that not only can you buy these works of art, but also for many of the techniques, you can purchase the necessary mediums and tools to try your own hand at creating them! Jenny explains to us how the Kupa design is created and the many meanings behind the subtle differences in the characters. Traditional Hawaiians would etch the desired meaning patterns onto bamboo and use that as a stamp. They’d stamp the designs on mulberry bark. You can buy these bamboo blanks at Native Intelligence and try carving your own meaningful stamp. Or if you’re really feeling creative, purchase a kuka’a lauha roll and stripper tool and weave your own baskets.
Among my favorites for sale were the accessories for hula including the various drums and some coconut palms growing right out of the coconut shells. These plants use the coconut shell as its pot. They’re functional, interesting and affordable! Stop by Native Intelligence and feel comfortable shopping for traditional Hawaiian treasures and they’ll help you make the arrangements to get them home! Mahalo!